University of Malakand
2020-21 Research Performance Awards Ceremony
1. Conferment of Research Awards
2. Inauguration of Model Restaurant and Model Hotel at the Department of Tourism and Hotel Management
3. Inauguration of University Media Cell at the Department of Journalism & Mass Communication having state of the art studio, radio and news lab.
4. Launching of University of Malakand official website (latest, interactive and updated website)
5. Launching of University of Malakand Alumni website
Chief Guest was Mr. Dawood Khan, Secretary Higher Education Archives and Libraries Department, Govt. of KP. He lauded the University and its management for achieving national and international ranking in various categories. The worthy Chief Guest congratulated all the award recipients for their outstanding academic and research contributions in their respective fields.
Hon. VC UoM Professor Dr. Rashid Ahmed stated that the University of Malakand, for the very first time has taken initiative of awarding short-term research projects to the potential researchers who are addressing the local impact-oriented issues and challenges from own sources. Independent evaluation committees recommended 16 potential projects to be funded this year. Awards Certificates were presented to the nominees for the research projects. He stated that 2022 is the year of digitalization at the University of Malakand. Digitalization leads to transparency, good governance, efficiency and convenience.
Categories of Awards:
a) The first category is, Best Researcher at University Level. Two awards were presented one each for Science Group and Arts & Humanities Group. They were awarded a souvenir, a certificate and cash prize of Rs. 20000.
b) Second category is, Research Excellence Award at Faculty Level. There were 2 awards at faculty level. Faculty members were awarded a souvenir, a certificate and cash prize of Rs. 20000 for the first recipient and cash prize of Rs. 15000 for the 2nd recipient.
c) In the third category, Certificate of appreciations were presented to all the researchers who participated in the competition.
1) Awards for the researchers who have won NRPU and other projects this year – Project Excellence Awards (7 Awards)Certificates & awards for all those who were involved in organizing the event and made this event possible. The oraganizers of the event & the members of the evaluation committee who finalized Research Performance Awards will be awarded in this ceremony.
The event was organized by Office of Research Innovation and Commercialization. Mr. Muhammad Shahid Khan Director ORIC, Mr. Muhammad Aurangzeb MANAGER UNIVERSITY INDUSTRIAL LINKAGES & TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER Mr. Maqsood Mazhar MANAGER RESEARCH OPERATIONS Mr. Fazli Subhan Manager Business Incubation Center (BIC). The event was attended by Deans of Faculties including Professor Dr Ata Ur Rehman, Professor Dr Sultan Alam, Professor Dr Mir Azam Khan, Professor Dr Arab Naz, Professor Dr Muhammad Nisar and other faculty members and officials and students.